This postal service volition teach yous how to become a podcast on iTunes and how to rank #1 for your category without an audition or a huge following based on personal experience. Bask!

There I stood, hovering behind my computer monitor and nervous as hell as I prepared to hit the "publish" button on my brand new podcast.

Hither'south the thing. I had already told all my friends that I was starting a podcast. I had already told the readers of my weblog that I had something in the works. And I even had a special "podcast" tab in my card bar which said "coming shortly".

There was no going back. And in the dorsum of my mind, I was thinking to myself….

"What if I launch and no one is listening?"

"What if the podcast is a huge bomb and I wasted all of this effort?"

But hither's what did happen. I hit the "submit" push and my podcast took on a life of its ain. Within ane hour, I had hit the #4 podcast in the entire business organisation segment of iTunes.

Inside 3 hours, I vaulted all the mode to the #1 podcast in the Concern And Marketing category, the #two overall podcast in the Business category and the #46 most pop podcast in all of iTunes.

And I was ecstatic! Below is a picture show of my podcast simply behind Dave Ramsey and alee of industry heavyweights similar Pat Flynn and Suze Orman in the Overall Business organization category.

itunes Rank2

In fact, I spent a portion of the morning at my day job just staring at the rankings and I couldn't believe my eyes. Honestly, it was the about exhilarating feeling that I've experienced since opening my online store and I felt like I was on top of the world. Life was good:)

While I didn't retrieve the launch would go also as information technology did, in the back of my mind I knew that my podcast was going to be a success because I was prepared. And fifty-fifty though I didn't have a huge following like a Tim Ferriss, I still managed a pretty powerful launch.

And so if any of y'all want to launch a peak ranked podcast of your ain, feel free to follow these exact steps that I took with mine.

Get My Gratis Mini Form On How To Starting time A Successful Ecommerce Store

If y'all are interested in starting an ecommerce business, I put together a comprehensive parcel of resources that will help you launch your own online store from complete scratch. Exist sure to grab it before you leave!

The Training

At that place are many factors involved in ranking a podcast in iTunes and no one truly knows the exact algorithm that Apple uses.

But here's what I do know. When you launch your podcast in iTunes, it is absolutely essential that you lot hit the "New And Noteworthy" department considering that will expose your brand to a large number of people window shopping on the front end folio.

noteworthy

The other thing that I also know is that the number of subscribers and the number of reviews plays a huge function in the overall ranking of your podcast. Therefore, if yous tin amass a large number of subscribers and a large number of reviews in a short corporeality of fourth dimension, you lot can vault your podcast to the summit of the charts.

Merely here'due south the problem. It is a major pain in the butt to get people to go out a review. Not but do you have to become someone to hit the subscribe push merely you besides have to have them type in a review. And to make matters even worse, they also have to take iTunes installed on their device.

Because there is pretty much Nix incentive for someone to go out a review and because not everyone fifty-fifty has an iTunes account, you have to create some sort of draw in society to go people to take action.

Provide An Incentive

Profitable Online StoreThen I sat down with my wife to remember of cool related giveaways that I could offer on my site.

And ultimately I decided to give away a free lifetime membership to my Create A Profitable Online Shop Course and free 1 on ane consulting.

Because my class is mostly digital, giving away a free membership carried a very depression incremental cost. But at $699 a pop, information technology was an extremely valuable prize for an aspiring entrepreneur. And while offering complimentary consulting requires my own time, I'm always more than than happy to speak with and help out other entrepreneurs . Bottom line, it was a win win situation.

Anyways, I decided to launch a contest where people who subscribed and reviewed my podcast would receive a free entry into my podcast giveaway. Now I wasn't forcing anyone to exit a review and they didn't fifty-fifty take to leave a good review. But providing a small amount of incentive was proficient enough to push people into walking that extra mile to rate my podcast.

I even had several readers signup for brand new iTunes accounts so they could enter. In reality, I don't recall that I would have been able to attract as many reviews as I did if I didn't provide an incentive for people to subscribe. (Special cheers to Baton White potato for giving me the idea)

Incidentally, the contest is still going on for the remainder of this week.

Getting Help

bloggers
While my weblog is reasonably popular, by no means do I have a gigantic following. Then instead of just launching my podcast completely on my ain, I decided to work with fellow bloggers to assistance me promote my podcast launch.

And in return, I gave individual "shout outs" to every blogger involved to help button some of my listener traffic back to their websites. At present if you go back and mind to my starting time seven or 8 episodes, y'all'll notice that I gave a wholehearted thanks to every single blogger that helped me with the launch. Information technology was a win win state of affairs.

If at that place'southward a lesson to exist learned hither, it's that you don't necessarily need a huge following to launch a successful podcast. You lot can leverage your friends and your family in a mutually benign fashion to help increment your exposure.

Standing Out

MyWifeQuitHerJob PodcastOnce you lot've launched your podcast, it's all up to the listeners out there to determine whether you'll stay at the top of the charts.

If yous've managed to brand the "New And Noteworthy" section, then it's of import to make your podcast stand out.

Starting time off, it's very important to launch with more than one episode. When y'all first commencement out, you lot want as many podcast downloads as possible in a short menstruum of time and naturally, the more episodes you accept, the more downloads yous will have.

I would also recommend publishing your episodes every bit frequently as possible in the kickoff. While it'south best to post everyday, most of us mere mortals do not accept the fourth dimension or bandwidth to do and then and it's important to strike a balance. Correct now, I'm posting new episodes twice a week.

In addition, your logo design is very important. When designing your podcast prototype, it's essential to take whatever text on your pictures stand out as much every bit possible. If you look closely at my logo, y'all'll notice that I employ a gigantic font for my podcast name equally well as a bright red color to attract attention.

In fact, I knew that I had made the font large enough when my mom could still read the text without her reading spectacles on:)

The other matter that I did to make my podcast stand out was that I created individual graphics for each podcast episode. Past creating attractive images of my podcast guests, it encouraged people to like and share each individual episode.

For example, the podcast image I made for Neville's episode got a lot of likes on Facebook because it was an attractive photo. Often times, it'southward the little things that matter when it comes to making a something shareable.

Anyhow, information technology'south been a couple of weeks now and my podcast has been consistently in the top 10 of the overall business rankings. Also in but ii short weeks, I've amassed well over 16K downloads with only 7 or 8 episodes!

Overall I've been actually happy with how things have turned out.

The Intangibles

Me And Noah
Also the number of downloads and the relative popularity of the podcast, I've also fabricated many new priceless friends in the procedure. Because I run an interview based show, I've been lucky enough to see many new incredible entrepreneurs who are far more successful than myself.

In fact, just the networking opportunities alone take made this podcast a far more valuable experience than anything else.

In any case, I but thought that I'd requite a quick shout out to Noah Kagan, who invited me upward to his Napa mansion that he was renting for the calendar week in order to hang out. If I never interviewed Noah, I never would have had to opportunity to get to know him better in such a private setting.

I also got to hang out with my buddy Neville Medhora at that place every bit well. In fact, nosotros put together a quick video which I'll exist posting in a subsequent web log post.

Overall, launching my podcast has been an incredible experience for me. If you want to meet more than people and put yourself out there, then I highly recommend it. And remember, the podcast space is non that saturated yet. If a modest web log similar my ain tin can rank #1 in business and marketing, and then yours tin can too.

Ready To Get Serious About Starting An Online Business organization?

If you lot are really considering starting your own online business concern, then you have to cheque out my complimentary mini course on How To Create A Niche Online Store In v Piece of cake Steps.

In this half-dozen day mini course, I reveal the steps that my married woman and I took to earn 100 one thousand dollars in the span of just a year. Best of all, it's free and you'll receive weekly ecommerce tips and strategies!

Note: This mail above may incorporate chapter links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase when clicking a link. Delight consult our privacy policy for more information.

Related Posts In Making Money

  • How I Attain Work Life Balance Despite Working Full Time, Running 3 Businesses And Caring For 2 Kids
  • How To Find A Career Path That Makes You Happy (Without Getting Pressured Into It)
  • How Do You Know When To Surrender On Your Business?
  • Owning A Business organization Vs Working A 24-hour interval Chore – What Everyone Needs To Know
  • How To Notice What Makes You Happy And My Reflections On Life After Quitting My Job

Almost Steve Chou

Steve Chou is a highly recognized influencer in the ecommerce infinite and has taught thousands of students how to finer sell physical products online over atProfitableOnlineStore.com.

His weblog, MyWifeQuitHerJob.com, has been featured in Forbes, Inc, The New York Times,  Entrepreneur and MSNBC.

He'due south also a contributing author for BigCommerce, Klaviyo, ManyChat, Printful, Privy, CXL, Ecommerce Fuel, GlockApps, Privy, Social Media Examiner, Web Designer Depot, Sumo and other leading business publications.

In addition, he runs a popular ecommerce podcast, My Wife Quit Her Job, which is a top 25 marketing prove on all of Apple Podcasts.

To stay up to appointment with all of the latest ecommerce trends, Steve runs a 7 effigy ecommerce store, BumblebeeLinens.com, with his wife and puts on an almanac ecommerce conference called The Sellers Summit.

Steve carries both a bachelors and a masters degree in electrical engineering science fromStanford University. Despite majoring in electrical engineering science, he spent a practiced portion of his graduate education studying entrepreneurship and the mechanics of running small businesses.